Home » State Activities » State Coalitions » Montana » About Us
- Montana citizens will achieve long-term personal financial health.
The Montana Financial Education Coalition strives to improve the personal financial knowledge and decision-making ability of Montana citizens by promoting public awareness of the need for personal financial education, and by uniting and building capacity of financial education programs.
The Montana Financial Education Coalition will use the following philosophy as guiding principles in all of its activities.
- A coalition dedicated to empowering Montana citizens to make wise decisions toward their financial future.
- A coalition of committed partners.
- A coalition that is community-based.
- A coalition that is results oriented and committed to long-term improvement.
- A coalition that supports research and best practices.
- A coalition that is proactive in promoting personal financial health.
What does MFEC do?
The MFEC's mission encompasses a variety of activities such as:
- Serving as an information and resource clearinghouse for Montana financial education provicers
- Publishing "Notes," the MFEC's quarterly newsletter, distributed to more than 1,500 readers
- Facilitating collaborative partnerships among Montana organizations
- Promoting public awareness of the need for financial education through the media and other venues
- Providing a common voice and united message on behalf of Montana financial education providers
- Hosting statewide conferences
- Networking Montana organizations
- Seeking grant and other funding opportunities for MFEC partners
- Engaging Montana financial education providers at the national level