Home » State Activities » State Coalitions » Illinois » Get Involved
WHO SHOULD JOIN ILLINOIS JUMP$TART?
Everyone who is an advocate of financial education!
- Financial education and economics teachers
- Representatives of non-profit organizations who a share passion for financial education
- Representatives of for-profit companies who share a passion for financial education
- Representatives of government agencies who share a passion for financial education
- Legislators who serve on committees related to financial education
- Individuals who believe that all Illinois youth deserve effective financial education
JOIN ILLINOIS JUMP$TART TODAY
To learn more about the benefits of getting involved with Illinois Jump$tart, please visit:
ILLINOIS JUMP$TART GOALS
- Raise awareness of the importance of financial capability
- Promote the adoption and implementation of effective financial education standards in Illinois
- Enhance the professional development of Illinois educators
- Be a trusted resource for financial education information in Illinois
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE LOCALLY?
Organizations and individuals can have a great impact at the local
level. Here are just a few ways that you can make a difference:
- Financial Institutions: Volunteer to work with a local
school or district to provide classroom presentations or teacher
- Educators: Incorporate personal finance within your
curriculum. Personal finance has been taught successfully to students
of all ages and within many core and elective subjects. For more
resources, go to Clearinghouse and search according to your grade level and subject matter.
- Policy Makers: Consider ways to incorporate personal
finance education into your school's curriculum and teacher
professional development programs. Remember, too, that you need not
reinvent the wheel. The National Jump$tart Coalition can help you
- Parents: Begin teaching your child about personal finance
at a young age and continue to reinforce these skills. See the Links
section or visit the Clearinghouse for more ideas on teaching your child about personal finance matters.
JOIN US ONLINE