Home » State Activities » State Coalitions » Pennsylvania
Working together we can improve the financial literacy of Pennsylvania's youth!
WHO WE ARE:
If you're involved with or concerned about young people learning how to handle money successfully - you've come to the right place! The Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition is a statewide, all volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the financial literacy of Pennsylvania's youth. Consisting of over thirty-five individuals and organizations the coalition brings together businesses, government agencies, and educators. Our mission is to improve the financial literacy of Pennsylvania youth by promoting the teaching of personal finance in kindergarten through twelfth grade. The Coalition believes that all youth must have the financial literacy necessary to make informed financial decisions.
Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition's Objectives are:
- Increase financial literacy among the youth of Pennsylvania
- Enhance professional development in financial literacy
- Raise public awareness of need for financial literacy
- Create a clearinghouse of financial literacy educational resources
- Assist other charitable and educational organizations in the conduct of financial literacy efforts
The Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition is a proud affiliate of the National Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. The National Jump$tart Coalition, based in Washington, D.C., was first convened in 1995 and consists of over 200 organizations committed to improving the financial literacy of America's youth. For more information, visit their website at www.jumpstart.org.