America Saves® motivates and encourages people, particularly the financially vulnerable, to save effectively in order to reduce debt and build wealth. Through America Saves’ network of more than 2,000 partnering organizations, we use social marketing and behavioral economics to help these organizations influence their constituents to adopt new attitudes and habits to strengthen their financial situations. Whether trying to save the first $500 of an emergency fund or contributing toward a more comfortable retirement, we provide support for savers to reach their goals.
America Saves encourages individuals to take the America Saves Pledge, which helps them create a simple savings plan that identifies their savings goal, a term within which they will save, and a monthly contribution they commit to save toward their goal. America Saves encourages organizations to promote saving year-round as well as during America Saves Week (see below for more details).
In addition, America Saves supports the unique financial needs of active duty military members through its Military Saves® program.
To date, America Saves and Military Saves have helped more than 600,000 individuals make a savings plan with the top three goals of building an emergency fund, saving for an education and saving for retirement.
WHAT WE OFFER
- America Saves Week is a time-honored national event for organizations and individuals to work together to promote savings as a way to reduce personal debt and build wealth. By working together, we transform the lives of millions by encouraging and supporting good savings behavior. During America Saves Week, partner organizations encourage people to take action by taking the America Saves Pledge, opening a new savings account, making a deposit to an existing account, increasing contributions to a retirement account or other similar actions.America Saves Week 2019 is Feb. 25 to March 2, and features a specific theme each day:
- Monday: Save with a Plan
- Tuesday: Save Automatically
- Wednesday: Save for the Unexpected
- Thursday: Save to Retire
- Friday: Save the Extra
- Saturday: Save as a Family
- America Saves for Young Workers is a partnership between America Saves, youth employment programs, and financial institutions to show young workers how best to save automatically through direct deposit and begin a saving habit that will last a lifetime.
- SaveYourRefund is a partnership between America Saves and Commonwealth. This incentive-based promotion encourages tax filers to save a portion of their tax refund and enter to win a cash prize. The program awards $30,000 in prizes with more than 100 chances for individuals to win a prize just by committing to save at least $50 of their tax refund.
- Split to Save: Split to Save is a free online program for employers to encourage and educate their employees about the importance of saving automatically and regularly through split deposit. America Saves works with employers to promote Split to Save during employee orientations, throughout the year, and in employee wellness programs. Employees learn how to save automatically, generate a savings plan, and then receive ongoing nudges and resources to help them meet their savings goals.
WHAT WE NEED
We need you and your organization to help more Americans secure their financial future by saving more. Sign up to participate in America Saves Week and be part of the national movement. Use America Saves Week to promote your financial education programs and services while encouraging your audience to take a step toward a better financial future.
CONNECT WITH US
- Subscribe here to receive regular emails
- Like AmericaSaves on Facebook
- Follow @AmericaSaves for our latest tweets
- Subscribe to the America Saves Blog for more helpful information