Budget Buddies Program Offers Financial Education to Low-to-Moderate Income Community | https://t.co/Ih29FXWcBl https://t.co/Z4HGLmefjY
Through its numerous partnerships with schools, school districts, colleges, and community-based organizations, Financial Beginnings affiliates and trained volunteers deliver financial education to more than 40,000 individuals annually.
Building upon its impactful K-12 curricula, Financial Beginnings will launch two new programs serving postsecondary students and economically vulnerable adults in September 2018.
- SAFE (Student Academy for Financial Empowerment) combines several workshops with one-on-one coaching to help post-secondary students of all ages gain actionable strategies to reduce debt and address financial barriers to graduating. Five different learning modules help students better manage financial decisions and barriers, including setting goals, understanding income and taxes, building and maintaining strong credit, reviewing insurance needs, and planning for retirement.
- Forward combines group learning and individualized coaching from trained financial professionals to empower economically vulnerable adults to mitigate debt, establish savings, and increase their financial stability. Focusing on individuals, four separate modules are designed to help adults:
- Establish a financial safety net for emergencies
- Reduce and manage educational debt
- Establish or grow savings
- Develop a plan to build credit or improve credit
- Increase the use of traditional financial services and decrease the use of non-traditional services
- Understand the cultural and emotional influences on financial decisions
- Four separate, age-appropriate financial education programs – Financial Footings, Financial Framings, Financial Foundations, and Pathways – providing topics ranging from distinguishing between needs and wants, to establishing a checking account, to how poor financial decisions can decrease or delay one’s life opportunities. Free educational materials for learners of all ages are available on our curricula download page.
- Licensing of Financial Beginnings programming customized to meet the needs of organizations and groups served. Licensing packages include all participant handouts, presentation slides, presenter guides, and online training for presenters.
- Opportunity and support to launch a Financial Beginnings affiliate. Matching funds and full-service support are provided to help team leaders build sustainable models that serve the needs of their communities.
WHAT WE NEED
- Individuals, coalitions, and funders interested in launching a Financial Beginnings affiliate in their state or community. Bi-monthly webinars detailing the initial steps of launching an affiliate are continually made available.
- Corporations, government agencies, and financial institutions interested in licensing Financial Beginnings curricula.
- Corporate national sponsors, including a limited number of Five Star Supporters. Generous visibility and marketing benefits are offered in addition to helping make possible the financial education of youth and adults.
- Donors who share our passion for empowering individuals and communities to take control of their financial futures. Donations can be made through our donation page or mailed directly to our headquarters.
- Like our Financial Beginnings USA Facebook page
- Follow @finbeg for the latest tweets from Financial Beginnings USA
- Follow Financial Beginnings USA on LinkedIn for news and updates
Want to make a difference in your #community by empowering youth and adults to take control of their #financial futures? Learn how you can launch a @finbeg affiliate in your home state! https://www.financialbeginnings.org/become-an-affiliate/
Dr. Melody Bell, CEO