America Saves® motivates and encourages people, particularly the financially vulnerable, to save effectively in order to reduce debt and build wealth. […]
Next Gen Personal Finance (NGPF) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to revolutionize the teaching of personal finance in all schools and to improve the financial lives of the next generation of Americans.
Founded in 2014, over 15,000 educators serving over a million students already rely on NGPF’s comprehensive website as their “one-stop” source for personal finance resources and professional development. All content and services provided by NGPF are delivered at NO COST to you.
- PAYBACK Challenge Essay Contest
We have over $130,000 in scholarships available for your students in grades 9-12. It’s a pretty simple process:
- Students play our award-winning paying for college game, PAYBACK.
- They write a brief 250-word essay using one of two writing prompts.
- You select the best one. We will be selecting two students from each state for our $500 prize and the 10 national winners will each earn $5,000. Check out the details and sign up for the PAYBACK Challenge here!
- 50 in 50 Initiative! NGPF’s FinCamp Coming to Your State.
You helped NGPF reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) for 2017-2018 of increasing our impact with over 10,000 teachers signing up for accounts on our website.
So, what’s next for 2018-19? You told us you want more effective and engaging professional development so we are bringing FinCamps, our popular one-day teacher PD coast-to-coast to all 50 states. Find out when a FREE NGPF FinCamp is coming to a city near you. Space is limited so sign up today!
- FinCap Fridays
Energize your Friday classrooms and engage your students with NGPF’s latest resource, FinCap Friday [[FinCap being short for building Financial Capability!] Here are the deets:
- We find a current event and create a five-question Kahoot to build your student’s content knowledge on the topic. Last week we focused on Human vs. Machine and the changing nature of work.
- Following the Kahoot, Yanely provides a 90-second video describing the current event and why it matters to students.
- Then comes a discussion prompt: an open-ended question to get a great classroom conversation started.
- Finally, a list of engaging NGPF resources and reference materials to extend the learning on this topic. These FinCap Fridays will be released on our blog every Thursday afternoon (3 p.m. PT) and you will be able to access all of them here.
- Got Finance? campaign
Want to know what schools in your area are doing about personal finance? Our school search tool allows you to search over 10,000 high schools to learn about their course offerings related to personal finance. Our research found that only 1 in 6 students attend a high school that has a personal finance graduation requirement. We hope that this tool will activate advocates across the country who believe that all students deserve access to a course that will help them thrive in the future.
- New Investing Game, Stax
We’ve been busy building a new Investing game, Stax, which will be released later this month! Students will experience 20 years of investing in 25 minutes and will learn the virtues of simple strategies for investing.
CONNECT WITH US
- Create a Teacher Account to access NGPF Assessments and Answer Keys
- Join our NGPF FinLit Fanatics! Facebook group.
- Follow @NextGenPF for the latest tweets from NGPF.