At PwC, we’re purpose-led and values-driven. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our values are reflected in our work – how we deliver it and the difference we make in our communities. Using the time and talent of our people, we bring the same integrity and quality to solving societal issues that we bring to client work.
One of the biggest problems we’ve identified in society and for businesses today is inequality – in all its forms. America has the greatest disparity of wealth between the rich and the poor than any other major developed nation, putting the country’s economic health at risk. Inequality is not just a social issue – it’s a business issue: business cannot meet its potential where communities are failing. Through a number of firm- and PwC Charitable Foundation-led initiatives, we’re doing our part to address societal concerns and bring our purpose to life.
PwC committed $320 million over five years through its signature Access Your Potential® initiative to equip young people from underserved communities who may otherwise be excluded from the workforce with the financial, technological and career-selection skills they need to succeed.
The aim of Access Your Potential is to help address root causes of these problems by providing tools and resources to equip and empower people to navigate complex challenges, developing the skills they need to thrive.
We’re bringing Access Your Potential to life by leveraging the financial acumen and technology skill sets of PwC’s partners, principals and staff, as well as building upon our network of educators and nonprofit collaborators:
- We’re making financial literacy and technology skills curriculum available to anyone – regardless of age, background, demographic or location – for free.
- Our people are lending their expertise, experience and mentorship to students across the United States via iMentor,CareerVillage.org and other local nonprofit organizations.
- We’re working with local school districts and nonprofit organizations to facilitate classroom workshops in the communities where we live and work.
- Like our PwC US Facebook page
- Follow @PwC_LLP for the latest tweets from PwC US
- Follow @LifeatPwC on Instagram