The National Credit Union Administration is the independent federal agency created by the U.S. Congress to regulate, charter and supervise […]
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable digital currency. Visa believes the most important financial tool is not a product — it is knowledge. That is why for more than 25 years, Visa has been a private sector leader in developing innovative, free programs that help people effectively learn the fundamentals of personal finance, including budgeting, saving, responsible spending and the wise use of credit.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Personal Finance Curriculum: Give your students a deeper understanding of money management with Practical Money Skills’ award-winning curriculum. You’ll find lesson plans for students of all ages — from preschoolers and elementary school students to teens and college students. We also offer course materials for students with special needs.
- Games: Visa’s educational games teach personal finance and money management skills to students of all ages. Visa and the National Football League have teamed up to help teach financial concepts with Financial Football, an interactive game that engages students while teaching them money management skills. Visa’s World Cup-themed Financial Soccer is a free educational video game that tests players’ personal finance skills as they try to advance down the field.
- Apps: Considering the growing popularity of mobile devices, Visa has developed a series of apps to help individuals with budgeting, tracking expenses and improving their finance habits. These apps include Financial Football, Peter Pig’s Money Counter, Plan’it Prom, Lunch Tracker and Tooth Fairy Calculator.
- Comics: Knowing that children look up to super heroes, Visa and Marvel Entertainment collaborated to create the Guardians of the Galaxy: Rocket’s Powerful Plan and Avengers: Saving the Day comic books. The comics feature iconic Marvel characters to make financial education entertaining and engaging for students. To increase the availability of the comic in communities across America, Visa and the Public Library Association announced a partnership to distribute the new comic book to consumers through U.S. public libraries.
- Financial Football Game: Visa and the National Football League have teamed up to create Financial Football, a fast-paced, interactive game that engages students while teaching them personal finance skills. The new release features 3D graphics and game-changing opportunities with audibles, blitzes and game-breaking plays. It challenges players to answer multiple-choice and true or false questions to advance down the field in order to score a touchdown. Visa’s Financial Football can now be played online or downloaded on any computer or mobile device as a free app. Play now.
- The Payoff Game: In The Payoff game, play the role of Alex or Jess, two up-and-coming video bloggers who are preparing for a life-changing video competition while managing their finances and handling unexpected events. In the immersive experiential game, developed by Visa, help Alex and Jess make smart financial decisions within the tight three-day deadline and complete their video for the competition. The game is played in a web-app that simulates a mobile phone where players can chat with characters, check their bank, open fake websites, check their emails and more. In the classroom, teachers invite students to join the experience. When everyone is ready, the teacher starts the game allowing students to play. There is an option to login as a teacher, student or solo player. Play now.
CONNECT WITH US
- Subscribe to our newsletter for more information.
- Like our Practical Money Skills Facebook page.
- Follow @PracticalMoney for the latest tweets from Practical Money Skills.
Hugh Norton, Senior Director, Social Impact