By Demetrius Scott, Ally
Ally Financial is a digital financial services company committed to its promise to “Do It Right” for its customers. Ally has an industry-leading independent auto finance and insurance operation, an award-winning digital direct bank, which offers mortgage lending, point-of-sale personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products.
Ally’s Corporate Social Responsibility team mission is to amplify Ally’s commitment to financial and social inclusion through innovative philanthropy and programming that opens pathways to economic mobility and inspires social change. We are committed to being an Ally for our customers’ financial health and well-being.
We focus our time, energy and money on three key pathways to financial mobility and security: safe, affordable housing; workforce preparedness and financial education.
We believe interactive experiences that engage and immerse people, even very young children, in the concepts of personal finance can make all the difference in combating falling financial literacy rates. The key is combining financial education with an approach that is fun, relatable and, ultimately, more likely to be absorbed.
Moving Financial Literacy Forward
- Fintropolis, a new world in Minecraft, designed to help middle schoolers learn about earning money, paying taxes, budgeting, building credit and managing debt among other things.
- Tree Topple, a board game intended to make learning basic money concepts fun.
- The second edition of Ally’s Adventures with Money children’s book, “Emma and the Cosmo Phone,” which offers imaginative financial lessons that use play and augmented reality that brings the story to life with pop-up interactive features.
- An integration within Nintendo’s Animal Crossing, a video game popular among Gen Z and Millennials, that teaches concepts such as currency, interest rates and stock prices.
Ally also supports initiatives that support underrepresented communities have access to careers that promote economic mobility. In its third year, Moguls in the Making is a business pitch competition that helps students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities learn business skills and earn scholarships and internship opportunities. Additionally, Ally funded the expansion of the University Growth Fund, which provides college students with hands-on venture capital experience, to Atlanta to reach more students of color.
Find us in the Jump$tart Clearinghouse!
Follow Ally on social:
Twitter: @ally, @allyfinancial, @allycare
Connect With Jump$tart
- Ohio Became the Largest State to Mandate Personal Finance
- Cultivating Money Lessons From the Candy Dish
- How to Give Students and Families the Keys to Better Financial Future-Ray Martinez, EverFi
- Financial Literacy can be as Easy as Playing Minecraft
- Financial Literacy-The Foundation for Inclusion
Please welcome new partner, FirstRoot to the Jump$tart Coalition!
Thank you to everyone who made the NEC as success! To see a list of our underwriters and sponsors, please visit here. We are thankful for each and every one of you and hope to see everyone in Atlanta in 2022!
Giving Tuesday is 18 days away. Please keep Jump$tart in mind for your year-end giving!