Every Fall and Spring since 2014, our bands travel to educational institutions across the United States and Canada to spread the message of financial literacy. Our shows are provided at NO COST to schools. In the past 8 years, Funding the Future has toured 527 schools in 35 states, including Washington, DC, and two Canadian provinces. We have reached over 217,085 students.
Funding the Future utilizes a unique, innovative, and powerful tool to engage youth – live musical performances by the celebrity rock band GOODING or Alternative Rock/Americana singer-songwriter, Carter Hulsey, combined with the integral testimony of the artists’ life stories, dreams, trials, and successes.
By using the raw, undeniable energy of a live musical performance, these interactive 60-75 minute high-energy shows integrate original music, multimedia visuals, and audience participation to provide young adults valuable lessons in:
- Following your passion
- Importance of self-reliance
- Positive influence of education and community mentors
- General financial literacy
- Avoiding unnecessary debt
- Pitfalls of predatory lending and payday loans
- Creating a financial savings and investment plan
- Managing the rise in expenses as income increases
- Debunking the myth and hype of overnight success