Who We Are
Claim Your Future® (CYF) by the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is a fun, interactive game/program that encourages students to explore education after high school, future careers, and money management. Personal finance and economic principles can be complex, however Claim Your Future strengthens student knowledge in an engaging and relatable way.
Digital learning is part of your new normal. FAME wants you to know that their popular Claim Your Future game is available online at no cost, and can be used as a stand-alone lesson that students can play on their own, with their family, and/or as part of a virtual lesson. Over 300,000 students of all ages have played the game, including tens of thousands from Texas, Florida, California, Massachusetts, Illinois and New York. In addition to the digital game, educators also have access to a number of resources to support the online activity.
Perhaps with all of today’s uncertainty, it is important that we look to the future and help students play out their dreams. When schools return to classroom-based instruction, FAME wants you to know that Claim Your Future is also available as a classroom game kit. This interactive activity provides students with a memorable, hands-on, board game that encourages discussions with educators, classmates and parents as well.
Claim Your Future has been sponsored and distributed by state agencies, schools, GEAR UP agencies, financial institutions, youth organizations, non-profits, corporations, and others. These sponsors promote financial education to help develop a well-educated workforce and support a productive community.
What We Offer
For Educators: Free online program and award winning game kits priced at $299—less than $1 per student use with volume discounts available. Consider finding a sponsor to fund game kits for your program or school. Claim Your Future is proven to expand knowledge and engage students from fifth grade through high school.
For Sponsors: CYF has been constructed so organizations can co-brand and customize the program (both website and game kits) for their own target audiences.
- Expand your organization’s brand awareness while promoting financial wellness with students and their families.
- Provide educators and students with a fun and engaging experience they will remember using the CYF 50 unique career wheels, Educator Guide, budget worksheets, etc.
- Order 100 kits or more and customize with regional salary data, specific higher education options, and unique careers.
- Partnering with CYF creates the opportunity for brand name and logo to be in front of students and educators for an average 30 minutes per game play, several times throughout the school year.
Jump$tart Clearinghouse links
- Cash and Max Elementary Workbook Series
- Cash and Max Elementary Workbook Series Educator Guide
- Claim Your Future®
- Cash and Max Coloring Book
- Cash & Max Elementary Coloring Book Educator Guide
- MANAGE: Making Your Money Work
Due to COVID-19, creating virtual classroom lesson plans are a necessity. Teachers have used Claim Your Future as a one-time classroom activity or as part of a larger unit on careers, higher education, and money management. Sponsors can plan to provide game kits to students and educators for when they return to their classrooms in the fall.
Like the FAME Education Facebook page
Connect With FAME-Claim Your Future