By Jamie Hammond, Executive Producer
Celebrate entrepreneurship month with Biz Kid$! Based on an Emmy Award-winning public television series, the national financial education initiative includes 65 episodes and reaches one million viewers per episode.
Using a clever blend of entertainment and education, each Biz Kid$ episode shows kids how to make and manage money by introducing concepts of financial literacy and entrepreneurship. To keep young viewers engaged, the series includes a fast-paced mix of direct education delivered by young actors, sketch comedy, animation, and stories featuring real young entrepreneurs. The show is complemented by a resource-rich website, free lesson plans mapped to state and national standards, outreach activities, a robust Facebook presence, a blog for parents, and a book and corresponding online course for teens titled “How To Turn $100 Into $1 Million.”
Biz Kid$ Offers:
- Fun and engaging video content featuring real-life young entrepreneurs, hilarious sketch comedy and animation – available to stream free at BizKids.com and YouTube, or for purchase via Vimeo.
- Free lesson plans for teachers mapped to state and national standards, and available in both English and Spanish.
- Our engaging class in millionairedom, “How to Turn $100 into $1,000,000,” is available as a best-selling book or an online course for teens.
Find us in the Jump$tart Clearinghouse!
The Biz Kid$ website has been reorganized to better serve aspiring entrepreneur and educators! Seven new “learning pillars” display a variety of Biz Kid$ content on specific topics including entrepreneurship, the economy, and Credit & Debt. Each pillar displays video clips, lesson plans, and engaging activities.
Also, there’s a new way to watch the best of Biz Kid$ anytime, anywhere! “Best of Biz Kid$” video bundles are available in three curated collections: Start a Business, Financial Basics, and Saving & Investing.
Connect With Biz Kid$
Connect With Jump$tart
- New Orleans to Pay Teens $350 a Month in Financial Literacy Push
- The Financial Literacy Gap Doesn’t Exist
- Lecrae and Experian Launch Digital Financial Literacy Series
- The Stakes are High in Teaching Financial Literacy to Kids
- Parenting Lessons to Learn While Kids Learn About Money
Big news from the Coalition!
- For Immediate Release:
Jump$tart Announces New Chairman and Other Officers to Board of Directors
- For Immediate Release: Jump$tart Honors Outgoing Chairman with New Inclusive Educator Award
Giving Tuesday is November 30. Please keep Jump$tart in mind for your year-end giving! Donate here. We have designed a marquee on on our website to display names of donors who participate in our Giving Tuesday campaign. You can donate any amount in honor of any individual, organization, class, school, etc. This marquee will be live on the Jump$tart website throughout the month.
Visit the Jump$tart Clearinghouse for a comprehensive list of resources! If you review a resource, you will be entered into raffle and eligible to win a $100 Visa gift card!