Who We Are
Jackson Charitable Foundation, the charitable-giving arm of Jackson, is a 501(c)(3) private operating foundation that provides free education to classrooms across the country. The Foundation’s goal is to help Americans on their personal journey toward financial freedom—a journey that begins with basic financial education. New financial inspiration is added monthly to Jackson Charitable Foundation – For Grown Ups to help aid Americans in their journey toward a secure future.
Moving Financial Literacy Forward
Free Fun, Digital Resources for Elementary Students:
The Foundation’s signature program Cha-ChingTM Money Smart Kids reached more than 3.5 million elementary students in 2020 through Junior Achievement USA and Discovery Education. Cha-Ching equips 7 to 12-year-olds with the knowledge, tools and practice they need to make informed financial decisions to reach their own personal goals and dreams. The Cha-Ching band members engage students to explore financial skills we all use every day that allow us to—Earn, Spend, Save and Donate! Visit this link to view the free Cha-Ching music videos, classroom lessons and family activities.
Free High School Financial Education Curriculum and Professional Development:
The Foundation has teamed up with the University of Chicago’s Financial Education Initiative to provide free access to finEDge at 100 high schools, reaching 5,000 students, in the 2021-2022 school year. finEDge – a research-based, semester long curriculum developed by the University of Chicago Financial Education Initiative in partnership with the Magnetar Capital Foundation – also includes extensive professional development for program educators, giving them the resources and support needed for the best possible student outcomes.
- Cha-Ching™ Money Smart Kids
- Cha-Ching™ Educator Guides
- Cha-Ching™ Family Resources
- Cha-Ching™ Money Smart Kids Contest
Seeking High School Teachers in their First/Second Year of Teaching Financial Education
The Foundation is providing free access to finEDge. This partnership with the University of Chicago Financial Education Initiative is strategically targeting educators who are in their first or second year teaching personal finance to generate maximum impact. Interested schools or teachers may contact finEDge here.
Selected educators will receive access to:
- Semester-long, research-based financial education digital and print curriculum for both students and teachers.
- Extensive professional development including certification.
- Support and resources from the expert author team at the University of Chicago.
Win $10,000 for Your Elementary School’s Money Smart Kids
The 5th annual Cha-Ching Money Smart Kids Pledge Challenge, presented by Jackson Charitable Foundation and Discovery Education is open through June 10, 2021. This national challenge encourages elementary school teachers, families, and community members to show their commitment to financial literacy education by voting online daily for their school to receive a prize package featuring:
- A grant of $10,000 to build a brighter financial future at the winning school.
- $1,000 to be donated to the charity of the school’s choice.
- A live financial literacy event with Cha-Ching’s four money skills – earn, save, spend, and donate!
- Participants may enter up to once a day on behalf of their school from now through June 10, 2021. Learn more and vote for your school.
Follow Jackson Charitable Foundation on Twitter: @JacksonFdn and Facebook: @JacksonCharitableFoundation.
Money smart kids make money smart adults! Start talking with students early about money; take the Money Smart Kids Challenge for a chance to win $10k for your elementary school. cha-chingusa.org/contest @JacksonFdn @DiscoveryEd
Danielle Robinson, Executive Director
Jackson Charitable Foundation, Inc.
The Latest News From Jump$tart
- Financial Literacy Should Be A High School Requirement
- T. Rowe Price Releases 13th Annual Parents, Kids & Money Survey
- Kids Place Moral Value On Money-Research By University of Michigan
- State of Gen Z Personal Finance According to Bankrate
- Students Push For More Financial Education
Want up-to-date Jump$tart information, resources, and current financial literacy news? Visit us at www.jumpstart.org and follow us on our social media platforms. Connect with us today!