The UChicago Financial Education Initiative aims to develop the tools, resources, and capacity to scale financial education across the United States, preparing students to be critical consumers in a complex, ever-changing marketplace.The initiative’s approach to curriculum design is based on learning science, behavioral change research, and the latest information on effective design of formal and informal financial education experiences.
The initiative advocates for a single-semester of financial education in every high school nationwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
- finEDge, a comprehensive, single-semester program designed to prepare high school students to navigate financial decisions with confidence. finEDge’s research-based approach to financial education focuses on developing students’ financial attitudes and behaviors.
- Encourages sound financial decision-making rather than simply transmitting financial information and facts
- Informed by current research
- Reflects diverse financial contexts
- In addition, the UChicago Financial Education Initiative provides professional learning opportunities to help teachers develop a deep understanding of the content and pedagogy.
- Learn more about our unique approach here.
- Aligned to national and state standards.
- Visit the standards alignment page to see how finEDge aligns with standards most important to learning outcomes.
WHAT WE NEED
School leaders and teachers interested in bringing finEDge to their school should visit: https://finedge.uchicago.edu/launch
- Subscribe to our newsletter for more information.
- Follow @FinEdInitiative for the latest tweets from the Initiative.
- Like our Initiative’s Facebook page
- Follow our Initiative’s LinkedIn page
- Share your ideas for promoting financial literacy on our Pinterest group board
How would your life be different if you had a financial education class? #ClassIWishIHad @FinEdInitiative