Criteria and Considerations
The objective of the #JumpstartNEC Scholarship program is to advance financial literacy by bringing PreK-12 personal finance teachers to a national conference to discover information, ideas, resources, and a network of fellow educators from across the country. Download Criteria and Considerations.
Scholarship applicants must be licensed PreK-12 classroom teachers:
- Based in the United States or its territories or in a school serving U.S. citizens (such as on a military base).
- Currently employed by a PreK-12 public, private, or charter school, school district or school system –or– with confirmed employment at a PreK-12 public, private, or charter school, school district or school system for the 2022-2023 school year.
- With at least one full school year of teaching experience, as well as plans to teach for at least one full school year following the event.
Jump$tart and its supporters seek teachers who, through their application, can demonstrate:
- Their passion for and personal commitment to financial literacy for students.
- The impact they have had and/or expect to have among the students they teach.
- A need/desire/plan for seeking the information, ideas, resources, and networking offered at the conference.
Jump$tart will select scholarship recipients with the goal of spreading support across the country.
- Jump$tart may select more heavily from some geographic areas and/or from some demographic categories based on preferences specified by the donors.
- Jump$tart strives for a participation ratio of 30% returning attendees and 60% first-timers (those who have never attended the conference before, or who have not attended the conference in the last two years); leaving 10% as discretionary either way.
Scholarship recipients agree to:
- Arrange and/or pay for their own travel and incidental expenses. (Scholarships include two hotel nights and six conference meals.)
- Complete the online scholarship application by August 19, 2022.
- Register for the conference by September 20, 2022, which indicates their acceptance of the scholarship –or– notify Jump$tart in writing of their decision to decline the scholarship by September 19, 2022 –or– contact Jump$tart directly to request additional time, if necessary.
- A $100 refundable deposit will be charged upon registration. The deposit will be refunded at the conclusion of the event.
- Attend and participate fully in the entire conference and arrange travel accordingly.
- Agree to follow the health and safety protocols established by the Loews Atlanta Hotel as the ordinances placed by the City of Atlanta.
- Sign the Waiver of Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement relating to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
- Send a note of thanks to their scholarship provider.
Additionally, applicants are asked to confirm their ability to attend the conference if selected, prior to the close of the scholarship application period. Applicants who are awarded a scholarship and decline it after the registration deadline may be precluded from future scholarship opportunities.