Introduced in 2004 as the Federal Legislator Award, it initially recognized current members of the United States Congress who had demonstrated support for financial education and youth financial literacy. In 2010, the award was renamed the Federal Leadership Award to include non-elected leaders of the federal government. More information on Jump$tart Coalition Awards.
The Jump$tart Coalition Awards Committee recognized that much work is being done to advance our nation’s financial literacy. However, many of those have previously been recognized, as such the committee decided not to bestow a Federal Leadership Award in 2019.
- 2018 – U.S. Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) and U.S. Rep. Joyce Beatty (D-OH-3)
- 2017 – U.S. Rep. Terri A. Sewell (D-AL-7)
- 2016 – Martin Gruenberg, FDIC Chairman
- 2015 – U.S. Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI)
- 2014 – CFPB Director Richard Cordray and U.S. Rep. Steve Stivers (R-OH-15)
- 2013 – U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan (D-NC)
- 2012 – U.S. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY-4)
- 2011 – Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
- 2010 – FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair and U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- 2009 – U.S. Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX-30)
- 2008 – U.S. Sen. Wayne Allard (R-CO) and U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
- 2007 – U.S. Sen. Michael Enzi (R-WY) and U.S. Rep. Earl Pomeroy (D-ND-At Large)
- 2006 – U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) and U.S. Rep. Rubén Hinojosa (D-15-TX)
- 2005 – U.S. Sen. Jon Corzine (D-NJ) and U.S. Rep. Judy Biggert (R-IL-13)
- 2004 – U.S. Sen. Daniel K. Akaka (D-HI) and U.S. Rep. David Dreier (R-CA-26)
Honorees are selected by a committee of Jump$tart Board Members. Nominations are not accepted; however, if you have a recommendation for the committee to review, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.