Named in honor of Bill Odom, former chairman of Ford Motor Credit Company, whose vision led to the creation of the Jump$tart Coalition. This award, presented first to Mr. Odom in 1999 and annually since, recognizes individuals for their significant contribution to financial education, their leadership, vision and the length of their service to the financial literacy effort.
To Be Announced
Stay tuned for the announcement of the 2020 winner.
- 2019 – David Martin, former Executive Director of the Georgia Council on Economic Education (1982-2017)
- 2018 – Tim Ranzetta, Founder Next Gen Personal Finance (above)
- 2017 – Ted Beck, president and CEO of NEFE
- 2016 – Richard Ketchum, FINRA Chairman & CEO
- 2015 – Maxine Sweet
- 2014 – Theodore R. Daniels
- 2013 – Annamaria Lusardi, Ph.D.
- 2012 – U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, Sarah Duncan, and John W. Rogers, Jr.
- 2011 – Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz
- 2010 – William E. Wilcox
- 2009 – Barbara O’Neill
- 2008 – Stanley Breitbard
- 2007 – Elizabeth Schiever (posthumously)
- 2006 – Jane Schuchardt
- 2005 – M. Susie Irvine
- 2004 – Lewis Mandell
- 2003 – William L. Anthes
- 2002 – John E. Clow
- 2001 – H. Randy Lively, Jr.
- 2000 – Rosella Bannister
- 1999 – William E. Odom
Selection and Presentation
Recipients of the William E. Odom Visionary Leadership Award and other Jump$tart honors are selected by a committee of national Jump$tart Coalition Board Members. Awards are presented at the coalition’s Annual Awards Dinner, the pinnacle event of FinFest, Jump$tart’s annual Financial Literacy Month celebration each April.