Thank you to Intuit for today’s #TipTuesday to save this holiday season. Learn more at ow.ly/VqT330mSzMC
NEC 2018 Scholarship Criteria and Considerations
The objective of the Jump$tart NEC Scholarship program is to advance financial literacy by bringing PreK – 12th grade personal finance teachers to our national conference to discover information, ideas, resources and a network of fellow educators from across the country.
Scholarship applicants must be licensed PreK-12 classroom teachers:
- Based in the United States or its territories or in a school serving U.S. citizens (such as on a military base).
- Currently employed by a PreK-12 public, private, or charter school, school district or school system –or– with confirmed employment at a PreK-12 public, private, or charter school, school district or school system for the 2018-19 school year.
- With at least one full school year of teaching experience, as well as plans to teach for at least one full school year following the event.
Jump$tart and its supporters seek teachers who, through their application, can demonstrate:
- Their passion for and personal commitment to financial literacy for students.
- The impact they have had and/or expect to have among the students they teach.
- A need/desire/plan for seeking the information, ideas, resources and networking offered at the conference.
Scholarship recipients agree to:
- Arrange and/or pay for their own travel and incidental expenses. (Scholarships include two hotel nights and six conference meals.)
- Complete the online scholarship application by August 31, 2018. (Now closed.)
- If selected, register for the conference (with a refundable $100 deposit) by September 20, 2018, which indicates their acceptance of the scholarship –or– notify Jump$tart in writing of their decision to decline the scholarship by September 20, 2018 –or– contact Jump$tart directly to request additional time, if necessary.
- Attend and participate fully in the entire conference and arrange travel accordingly.
- Send a note of thanks to their scholarship provider(s).
- Jump$tart will select scholarship recipients with the goal of spreading support across the country.
- Jump$tart may select more heavily from some geographic areas and/or from some demographic categories based on preferences specified by the donors.
- Jump$tart has committed to a participation ratio of 30% regular attendees and 60% first-timers; leaving 10% as discretionary, either way.
- First-timers will be defined as never attended the conference before, or who have not attended the conference in the last two years.
“First and foremost I want to thank you for all the work and time put into the financial conference. I, once again, left the conference feeling refreshed and invigorated to share the ‘wealth’ of knowledge (pun intended) I obtained at the conference.”