WHO WE ARE Financial Education Evaluation Toolkit® is an easy-to-use online resource designed to help financial educators understand and apply evaluation […]
To eliminate cost barriers for the teachers who bring personal finance to life in our nation’s classrooms every day, Jump$tart has turned this year’s National Educator Conference into an all-scholarship event; no more teacher registration fee!
But now, we need your help to provide full participation scholarships to deserving educators. Contact Josh Sandler (202.846.6794) to learn more about how to support our teachers.
Sponsors may opt to support teachers by contributing to the scholarship pool administered by
- Contributions may be any amount in increments of $1,000. Each donation of $1,000
brings one teacher to J$NEC18.
- Sponsor benefits vary according to the total amount of your contribution.
- Teachers apply or scholarships online and are selected based on these scholarship criteria.
- Jump$tart will make a best-effort attempt to match scholarship applicants with priorities identified by the sponsor, based on the pool of applicants, including:
- States or major metropolitan areas.
- Type or category of school. (For example: middle school, private school, Title 1 school, etc.)
- Sponsors will receive the name(s) of the teacher(s) who received their scholarships and recipients are informed of their sponsor.
- Sponsors and scholarship recipients will be asked to adhere to Jump$tart’s scholarship schedule.
What’s Included/What’s Not
- A $1,000 teacher registration scholarship covers conference registration, two nights in a private room at the Hilton Cleveland Downtown, six conference meals and full participation in all conference activities.
- Scholarships do not cover travel or ground transportation and incidental expenses.
Scholarship recipients must arrange and pay for their own travel (unless otherwise
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. As a scholarship provider, do I or does my organization have the option of covering travel expenses as part of the scholarship?
A. Yes. If you conduct your own scholarship program, you may cover as many of the expenses
as you want and handle it as you like. If you are contributing to the scholarship pool, Jump$tart
will handle the registration scholarship and can instruct your scholarship recipients to contact
you to arrange travel with you directly.
Q. Did the registration price go up this year?
A. Actually, no. In prior years, the registration price for teachers was a highly subsidized amount, based on our ability to secure sponsors to cover the rest of the costs. This year, the price for teachers went down to zero and we asked our generous supporters to provide teacher scholarships instead of conference sponsorships. The value of each scholarship is based on the cost of hosting one teacher at the event, which is more than the teacher price for previous years.
Q. Are there other ways to support #JSNEC18?
A. Jump$tart’s goal is to provide every teacher interested in the NEC with a full registration scholarship, up to the capacity of the venue; therefore, securing scholarship providers is our top priority. Additionally, your participation as an exhibitor of financial education resources is a valuable contribution to the success of the NEC. If you have other ideas for how you might help, please contact Dan Hebert or Josh Sandler.
“This was my second Jump$tart National Educator Conference and, once again, it was great! I told my principal today that both times it has been a great conference where I have learned a lot and gotten some great resources…not to mention a lot of great food! I enjoyed the guest speakers and the sessions were informative and gave me great information to bring back to my students.”