Our President and CEO Laura Levine will be chatting about holiday shopping with John Lanza from The Money Mammals https://www.themoneymammals.com/
Rules, Terms and Conditions
All right, title and interest, including the copyrights in and to the model, also known as “Jump$tart Financial Foundations for EducatorsTM,” (J$FFE) which includes all curriculum, modules, assessments and J$FFE toolkit documents (the “Model”) is owned by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy (“Jump$tart”).
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN THE USER’S (“YOU” OR “YOUR”) USE OF THE MODEL. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING AND USING THE MODEL IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT GRANTED PERMISSION BY JUMP$TART TO ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE MODEL. BY CLICKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST SELECT THE “I DECLINE” BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE MODEL.
By clicking the “I Agree” button below, Jump$tart grants You a non-exclusive, limited, nontransferable, nonsublicensable, and revocable license to use the Model, as prescribed by these Terms and Conditions. In addition, Jump$tart grants you a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable, nonsublicensable and revocable license to use Jump$tart Teacher Training Alliance logo for the sole purpose of displaying the logo to promote the events in which you use the Model and in materials distributed or displayed at those events. You warrant to Jump$tart that You will not use the Model or the Jump$tart Financial Foundations for Educators logo for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. To use the Model, You must:
- Have significant prior experience in conducting training/educational events -or- must have a committed partner, sponsor, or consultant with sufficient similar experience.
- Have or adopt an anti-discrimination policy.
- Currently be a fully licensed and compliant business or agency, operating in good standing within its respective industry or community.
2) As an Authorized User, You Agree To:
- Follow the Model precisely as prescribed (noting that the Model allows for significant customization.)
- Conduct a minimum of 18 hours of the required training from the 24 hours of training content provided in the Model.
- Conduct pre- and post-training assessments–immediately following the training and again in six months–and to provide the assessment results to the National Endowment for Financial Education for its aggregated research on behalf of the Jump$tart Coalition.
- Collaborate with other local organizations to conduct training events. Consider working with Jump$tart state coalitions to form diverse, credible partnerships.
- Conduct the training event(s) within 12 months of securing permission to use the Model and to formally renew permission in subsequent years.
- Credit the Jump$tart Financial Foundations for Educators Model, as appropriate and include the following reference in the promotional materials: “This program conforms to the standards of the Jump$tart Financial Foundations Model.“
3) As an Authorized User, You are permitted To:
- Customize the “look and feel” of Your events in which you use the Model, as long as the Jump$tart Financial Foundations for Educators logo and acknowledgment phrase is included in all promotional and event materials.
- Use the modules in any order, provided that the 18-hour content minimum is met.
- Customize presentation of the modules, as permitted in the Model.
- Include an exhibit hall (or similar) of appropriate programs and resources.
- Include special activities and meal events, outside of the 18-hour content minimum, that do not conflict with the objectives of the J$FFE Model.
4) Users are Expressly Prohibited From:
- Profiting from the Model and/or from any training event based on the Model. Users are permitted to charge fees and seek sponsorships only to cover reasonable costs for the training.
- Using this training to promote any educational, financial, or other type of product, service, company, or brand, expressly; or any political position or policy. (The customary acknowledgment of participants and sponsors—including the use of their logos is permitted. Promoting relevant products through “trade show” style exhibits is also permitted.)
- Copying, displaying, disseminating or redistributing any and all elements of the Model, except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions.
- Sharing or selling participant information including contact information and assessment results; without the express permission of the participants.
- Using the name and/or logo of the Jump$tart Coalition, except as permitted under these Terms and Conditions.
- Using the Model for any purpose other than to conduct training for teachers or other similar professions.
- Creating derivative works of the Model. You agree that if you create any derivative works, the copyrights in and to such derivatives shall vest in, and belong exclusively to Jump$tart.
- During or after termination of these Terms and Conditions, committing an act of infringement, or contesting or aiding in contesting the validity or ownership of any of Jump$tart’s copyrights in and to the Model or any variations thereof, Jump$tart’s trademarks or any variations thereof, or take any other action in derogation of Jump$tart’s ownership and rights in and to the Model or its trademarks.
5) Term and Termination
These Terms and Conditions will take effect at the time You click the “I Agree” button below (“Effective Date”) thereby indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Agreement and Your permission to use the Model shall terminate twelve (12) months from the Effective Date (“Term”). Upon expiration of the Term, this Agreement may be renewed for another twelve (12) month term at Jump$tart’s sole option. Jump$tart reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny You access and/or use of the Model or any portion thereof, and to terminate these Terms and Conditions and Your license to use the Model and/or the Jump$tart Financial Foundation for Educators logo. Termination will be effective without notice.
6) Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Use of the Model is entirely at Your own risk and is subject to all applicable state, national and international laws and regulations. THE MODEL IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to You.
NEITHER JUMP$TART NOR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE MODEL. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, Jump$tart’s liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law. IN NO EVENT SHALL JUMP$TART’S LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES EXCEED $500.00.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE MODEL OR WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE MODEL.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Jump$tart and all of its officers, directors, employees, members, affiliates, agents, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from Your use of the Model, any breach by You of this Agreement, or any other matter for which You are responsible hereunder or under law.
8) Governing Law and Forum
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia. Any dispute relating to the Model or these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved in the municipal and federal courts serving the District of Columbia and each party hereto waives any objection to venue and hereby submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
9) No Agency
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between You and Jump$tart as a result of these Terms and Conditions or Your utilization of the Model.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
11) Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between You and Jump$tart with respect to Your use of the Model, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written between You and Jump$tart with respect to Model. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
12) Representations and Warranties
By clicking “I Agree,” You represent and warrant that (i) you understand and agree that these Terms and Conditions are a legally binding agreement and the equivalent of a signed, written contract; (ii) You are authorized to sign for and bind the contracting party; and (iii) You will use the Model in a manner consistent with all laws and regulations and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.