Budget Buddies Program Offers Financial Education to Low-to-Moderate Income Community | https://t.co/Ih29FXWcBl https://t.co/Z4HGLmefjY
General Financial Health
- 2017 Consumer Financial Literacy Survey: From the National Foundation for Credit Counseling and Washington-based credit union, BECU, the survey found an increase in Americans’ credit card debt, decreases in the number of people with non-retirement savings and higher levels of concern about long-term financial stability, including retirement savings.
- National Financial Capability Study: FINRA’s latest survey underscores the need to ensure all Americans have access to the education, resources and tools they need to manage their money with confidence.
- Personal Financial Satisfaction Index: AICPA’s quarterly economic indicator that weighs various economic factors to calculate the financial standing of a typical American.
- Getting Financially Fit in 2017: The annual National Endowment for Financial Education survey looks at financial resolutions for the new year.
- 2017 Equifax Financial Literacy Survey: The second annual Equifax survey that explores the financial literacy of American consumers, specifically as it relates to credit.
- Survey of the States: Every two years, the Council for Economic Education conducts a comprehensive look into the state of K-12 economic and financial education in the United States, collecting data from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Millennials and Finance
- Millennials & Financial Literacy – The Struggle with Personal Finance: PwC’s 2016 report finds that millennials are better educated than their predecessors, more ethnically diverse, and more economically active. Yet they confront greater difficulties— including economic uncertainty and student debt—than those who came before them.
- Better Money Habits Millennial Report: According to Bank of America’s new report, for young Americans, the definition of adulthood has changed: it is less about age and more about financial independence.
- 2016 Wells Fargo Millennial Study: The 2016 Wells Fargo Millennial Study was designed to gain a deeper understanding of Millennials and the financial challenges they face related to debt, saving and planning for retirement.
- APLUS – Arizona Pathway to Life Success for University Students: A scientific study of young adults’ changing financial knowledge and practices.
Teachers and Finance
- Bridging the Financial Literacy Gap: Empowering Teachers to Support the Next Generation: The 2016 PwC report addresses educators who see the value of teaching students to budget, prepare for the future, and become better financial decision makers. But, educators need more support to adequately teach these skills.