Budget Buddies Program Offers Financial Education to Low-to-Moderate Income Community | https://t.co/Ih29FXWcBl https://t.co/Z4HGLmefjY
2016 Financial Literacy Summit
Highlights of the 2016 Financial Literacy Summit: Empowering the Next Generation
Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2016 Connecticut Financial Literacy Summit on Friday, October 14, 2016 at the Sheraton Hartford South Hotel in Rocky Hill, CT. We were thrilled with the number of people who attended and the positive feedback we’ve received. We’re already looking ahead and planning for next year’s Summit.
Our appreciation to all of our financial sponsors – Credit Union League of Connecticut, EverFi, People’s United Bank, Signature Bank, CHET, CHET Advisor and Junior Achievement of Southwest New England – as well as to our talented speakers and CTJump$tart volunteers. A special thanks to Beth Kobliner for her generosity and commitment to financial literacy for everyone.
Here are links to this year’s Financial Literacy Summit resources:
- Information on Beth Kobliner’s new book, “Make Your Kid a Money Genius (Even If You’re Not)”
- Guerrilla Tactics in the Personal Finance Classroom Workshop by Holly Ruiz
- PricewaterhouseCooper Report: Millennials and Financial Literacy
- PricewaterhouseCooper: Earn Your Future Curriculum
- PricewaterhouseCooper Report: Bridging the Financial Literacy Gap: Empowering Teachers to Support the Next Generation
- National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) Research on Millennials