Most of our parents play a major role in how we relate to money. They are often our first financial […]
CT Jump$tart President Testifies at Legislative Hearing
On March 5, 2015, Chris Lee testified before the legislature on Senate Bill 319, An Act Concerning Financial Literacy Education, to support the need for personal finance to be a requirement for high school graduation. He testified at a joint hearing of the Education and Banking Committees at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford. He submitted written testimony (pdf) to the committees.
Personal Finance Curriculum
The following are links to the State Department of Education site:
- Personal Finance Lesson Plans
- CT Personal Finance Standards
- CT Personal Finance Standards Aligned to ELA Common Core State Standards
- CT Personal Finance Standards Aligned to Math Common Core State Standards
- CT State Department of Education Business and Finance Technology Education Webpage
The Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition has compiled the following collection of websites. Inclusion in this listing does not constitute an endorsement by the Coalition.
AFSA Education Foundation
Connecticut State Department of Education