In 2021, the MN Jump$tart Coalition focused on reimagining the organization’s mission and vision statements. Given the massive amount of transition educators, corporations, volunteers, and other partners have experienced since the Covid-19 pandemic changed how we live, work, teach, learn, and interact with one another, Board members knew this reflection would help propel the Coalition’s initiatives forward to further support youth financial literacy in Minnesota.
The mission of Jump$tart of Minnesota is to foster and improve financial literacy among youth and young adults through collaboration, partnership, and connecting with organizations that pursue and offer equitable and inclusive access to effective financial education resources and programming within their communities.
We envision a State in which all youth and young adults have access to resources and participate in programming that allow them to become financially capable adults.
- We will accomplish this through the following initiatives:
- Communicating to our key constituents’ programs that elevate financial literacy within our youth and young adult communities.
- Engaging with the national Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy on national initiatives that can be implemented at the State level.
- Hosting a “Day at the Capitol” to raise awareness of the importance of financial literacy programs.
- Supporting more financial literacy course offerings in school curriculum in grades K-12.
- Sponsoring an opportunity for educators to attend the National Educator Conference.
- Annual Event in April to bring key stakeholders and partners together to advance youth financial literacy initiatives
- Connecting school and community educators with organizations and others who provide financial education programming and resources.
- Seek collaborative opportunities to help grow access to financial literacy education for diverse populations (i.e. 1st generation youth, immigrant youth)
There are no upcoming events at this time