The Jump$tart New Mexico Coalition for Personal Literacy is a non-profit organization that seeks to educate and empower youth and young adults with the information and resources necessary to make informed financial decisions. We are a coalition, compromised of individuals, non profit and governmental agencies, and the corporate sector, who have joined together to improve financial literacy for New Mexicans.
The Jump$tart New Mexico Coalition’s Goals and Objectives are as follows:
- Raise awareness for the need and importance of personal financial literacy.
- Grow support for the coalition by promoting membership, communication and cooperation among coalition members and the community.
- Increase personal financial education in schools, homes and in community organizations.
- Promote business, government and community involvement in the activities and programs of the New Mexico coalition.
- Create a statewide clearinghouse for financial literacy educational resources.
- Secure adequate funding to achieve goals.
A membership with Jump$tart New Mexico provides the following:
- Opportunities for visibility with targeted audiences through Jump$tart publications and activities
- Integrated, visible resources for your financial literacy materials through Jump$tart Clearinghouse
- Information on grants, activities and issues in the financial literacy movement
- Opportunities to share resources and activities with partners and others through other Jump$tart state coalitions
- Promote your organization through a listing on the Jump$tart New Mexico website, including a link to your website