There are many ways that organizations and individuals can become involved with the New Mexico Jump$tart Coalition!
Join the Coalition!
If your organization or you as an individual are actively engaged in promoting personal financial literacy among youth and young adults, we invite you to become a member.
Support the Coalition!
The Jump$tart Coalition is a charitable 501(c)3, nonprofit organization. As such, in-kind donations such as the printing of promotional materials or hosting of meetings and events are greatly appreciated. The Coalition also welcomes monetary contributions.
Make a difference locally!
Here are a few ways that organizations and individuals can make a positive impact at the local level:
- Check Your School- Let your school know that you support effective financial education! https://checkyourschool.org/
- Educators- Incorporate personal finance within your curriculum. Personal finance has been taught successfully to students of all ages and within many core and elective subjects. For more resources, go to Clearinghouse and search according to your grade and subject matter. https://jumpstartclearinghouse.org/resource/search/
- Parents- Begin teaching your child about personal finance at a young age and continue to reinforce these skills. See the Links section or visit the Clearinghouse for more ideas on teaching your child about personal finance matters.
- Financial Institutions- Volunteer to work with a local school or district to provide classroom presentations or teacher support.
- Policy Makers- Consider ways to incorporate personal finance education into your school’s curriculum and teacher professional development programs.