The SC Jump$tart Coalition exists to improve personal financial literacy of South Carolinians by empowering children and young adults with skills that lead them and their families to make informed, responsible financial decisions. We act within our primary roles, which are:
- To enhance and improve financial literacy levels of South Carolina’s K-12 educators and students;
- To promote and develop public awareness of financial literacy; and
- To nurture personal financial literacy within the state through grassroots initiatives.
Our annual objectives are:
- To sponsor deserving programs that advance financial literacy among educators and students;
- To support direct-to-student programs delivered by public educators and non-profits through $500 mini-grants (20 per year);
- To host a workshop that enhances educator knowledge and comfort level with personal finance;
- To support at least one teacher’s participation in the Jump$tart Coalition’s National Educator Conference; and
- To promote and develop public awareness of financial literacy.