RT @finbeg: What would you give up to erase #CreditCardDebt? | Most Americans would give up social media. https://t.co/MVAOJpLMfY
The Virginia Jump$tart Coalition has formed the following volunteer positions and committees in order to achieve its goals.
Board of Directors
- Chair: Serves as the principal executive officer of Virginia Jump$tart and exercises general supervision over the affairs of the organization and its officers and members.
- Vice Chair: Assists Virginia Jump$tart Chair in general supervision over the affairs of Virginia Jump$tart and its officers and members.
- Secretary: Keeps the minutes of Board meetings, serves as custodian of the corporate records and maintains databases, addresses and other files of the membership and Board.
- Treasurer: Administers and oversees financial records, the annual audit (if applicable) and compliance with statutory reporting requirements. Prepares tax returns and tax payments. Provides annual budget to the Board for approval.
- At-Large Directors: Assigned to lead a membership task force (see below) and/or complete other assignments by Chair, as needed.
Membership Task Forces
- Professional Development: Helps plan quarterly membership meeting sessions, including determining topic, securing speakers and coordinating facility/logistics.
- Membership: Helps with recruitment & retention of members, sends dues renewal and conducts annual member satisfaction survey.
- Sponsorships & Fundraising: Helps secure sponsors and grants for Virginia Financial Literacy Summit and other overall organizational funding.
- Communications and Awareness: Handles public relations and communications for the coalition. Writes and sends e-newsletter, updates website and handles media relations (writes/sends press releases). Helps determine outreach plan for the coalition.
- Education: Works on educational issues including planning educational activities (summits, seminars, teacher training events). Works on Speakers Bureau and other outreach/education to Virginia adults and consumers.
- Government Affairs: Helps monitor legislation in relation to personal financial education and maintains open channel of communication with lawmakers.