Jumpstart partners have gathered to bring you The Forward Learning Institute for Financial and Economic Literacy, FLIFEL (formerly NIFEL). FLIFEL is a collaborative professional development program designed to meet current needs and support educators in building financial literacy and capability in the State of Wisconsin.
FLIFEL provides both in-person and virtual learning opportunities. Content is designed for educators working in schools, higher education and community outreach programs. FLIFEL seeks to offer professional development seminars that provide resources, instill confidence and build knowledge and awareness to support educators in their pursuit of teaching financial and economic topics.
The need for financial education in and out of classrooms is growing exponentially across the country. These programs give you the expertise and confidence you need to teach personal finance.
Topics are rooted in the Wisconsin Standards for Personal Financial Literacy and include: personal budgeting, credit, insurance, investing, paychecks and taxes, critical consumerism, fraud and identity theft.
For more information on FLIFEL, to register for upcoming events or to view past events, visit: https://www.jumpstart.org/who-we-are/states/wisconsin/wisconsin-events/
How you benefit
Learn from top-notch instructors and guest speakers with national and local experience in the financial industry from both the public and private sector
- Bring back numerous FREE materials and proven curricula
- Learn classroom-tested teaching strategies that work
- Network with other educators and, yes, have fun
- Obtain lesson plans that fit Wisconsin and national standards
- Become a better manager of your own personal finances
Who Should Attend
- Teachers of personal finance, family and consumer sciences, social studies, economics, math, business
- Community educators
- Others who want to acquire the ability to teach money management and personal finance.
- Superintendents, directors, administrators, and principals of high schools, middle schools, and grade schools and
This is an initiative done in collaboration with Edgewood College, the Wisconsin Departments of Financial Institutions and Public Instruction, the CBM Credit Education Foundation and Next Gen Personal Finance.
Thanks to generous sponsorship from the CBM Credit Education Foundation, we are able to offer these seminars at little to no cost to participants. We hope you’ll join us!
Erin Bykowski, Financial Inclusion and Education Manager
UW Credit Union
3500 University Ave
Madison, WI 53705
608-232-5000, ext. 2632