Jump$tart’s State Coalition of the Year Award was first suggested by Dr. Lew Mandell, one of the Jump$tart Coalitions founding board members, and was introduced in 2005. The award recognizes the significant contribution from affiliated state coalitions and is an opportunity to show our appreciation for these grassroots coalitions, which operate almost entirely with volunteers.
The State Coalition of the Year Award recognizes: the sound structure and management of the state coalition; its effectiveness and innovation in reaching, supporting, and assisting teachers; its public awareness activities; its effectiveness in carrying out Jump$tart’s State Coalition Common Strategy; and the level of participation and collaboration within the coalition itself.
Rhode Island Jump$tart
- 2020-2021 Rhode Island Jump$tart
- 2019: New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education
- 2018: Jump$tart Washington
- 2017: Idaho Financial Literacy Coalition
- 2016: Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition (website)
- 2015: Montana Financial Education Coalition (website)
- 2014: Maine Jump$tart (website)
- 2013: Colorado Jump$tart (website)
- 2012: Jump$tart Washington (website)
- 2011: Iowa Jump$tart (website)
- 2010: California Jump$tart (website)
- 2009: Tennessee Jump$tart (website)
- 2008: Virginia Jump$tart (website)
- 2007: Louisiana Jump$tart (website)
- 2006: Utah Jump$tart (website)
- 2005: Wisconsin Jump$tart (website)
Selection and Presentation
Recipients of the State Coalition of the Year Award and other Jump$tart honors are selected by a committee of national Jump$tart Coalition Board Members. Awards are presented at the coalition’s Annual Awards Dinner, the pinnacle event of FinFest, Jump$tart’s annual Financial Literacy Month celebration each April.