Financial Literacy Summit
Are you an educator and interested in attending our FREE two-day workshop at Foxwoods Resort and Casino?
The 2023 Connecticut Financial Literacy Summit, hosted by the Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition, will focus on the newest tools and techniques help you teach financial literacy to your high school students. We will be presenting ideas and solutions that you will be able to bring back to your classroom to implement. The event will be held August 1-2 at the Foxwoods Resort and Casino in Ledyard, CT.
- Enjoy your overnight stay at the Foxwoods Casino, where there is plenty to do other than gambling including the Pequot hiking trails, zipline, bowling, karting, top swing golf, outlets/shopping, and dining!
- Christian Sherrill from NextGen Personal Finance presents on how to incorporate behavior economics and consumer skills into the classroom, careers of the future, and 5 must have resources to bring back with you! Be prepared for these lively and interactive sessions!
- Hear from your peers as to what is working and what is not working in our “Best Practices” session.
- EVERFI will present their digital program that helps teach students how to make wise financial decisions and their credit fundamentals session, which is a program that helps students build knowledge about acquiring credit, growing credit, managing credit and dealing with fraud or inaccuracies with credit in effective ways.
- FoolProof will be sharing their free curriculum that teaches young people about earning money, financial responsibility, critical thinking skills, and the realities of the free enterprise system. The FoolProof curriculum has pre and post tests to gauge student knowledge and supplemental class assignments and activities. Teachers are encouraged to bring their devices, as this will be an interactive session.
- NETWORKING! Enjoy two days of creating new connections, comparing notes and exchanging ideas with others who share your passion for the financial education of Connecticut’s youth.
To register, please click here. Please note, that we will require a $50 refundable deposit to hold your meals and/or hotel room to ensure your attendance. This will be reimbursed to you while you are at the conference.
HELP SPONSOR OUR 2023 SUMMIT:
Learn about Connecticut Financial Literacy Summit Sponsorship Opportunities.
The Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition is a non-profit organization with individuals and organizations representing business, government and education who have joined together to improve the personal financial literacy of Connecticut’s youth.
If you would like to make a monetary donation to CT Jump$tart and their programs, please make your check payable to CT Jump$tart and mail to:
Upon receipt of your donation, we will mail you a receipt for your tax records.
The Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition believes that today, more than ever, students must be financially literate in order to be prepared for college, careers, and the increasingly complex economic demands of our 21st-century global marketplace. As a state, Connecticut can and must do more to get its students ready for those roles. If you’re interested in being part of CTJump$tart’s efforts to give our students the personal finance knowledge they need to succeed, please contact the Chapter’s president.