RT @NatlJumpStart: Do you want to attend #JSNEC18? This year we’re all scholarship! Applications to join us are due in […]
If you’re involved with or concerned about young people learning how to handle money successfully – you’ve come to the right place! The Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition is a statewide, all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the financial literacy of Pennsylvania’s youth since 1999. Consisting of over thirty-five individuals and organizations the coalition brings together businesses, government agencies, and educators. Our mission is to improve the financial literacy of Pennsylvania youth by promoting the teaching of personal finance in kindergarten through twelfth grade. The Coalition believes that all youth must have the financial literacy necessary to make informed financial decisions.
Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition’s Objectives are:
- Increase financial literacy among the youth of Pennsylvania
- Enhance professional development in financial literacy
- Raise public awareness of the need for financial literacy
- Create a clearinghouse of financial literacy educational resources
- Assist other charitable and educational organizations in the conduct of financial literacy efforts
For more information about financial education in Pennsylvania, please peruse the website. You may also wish to spend time reviewing the following recent reports and legislation:
- Report and recommendations of the Pennsylvania Task Force on Economic Education and Personal Financial Literacy Education (released January 2013) Direct download or Website
- Report on the Status of Economic and Personal Financial Literacy Education in Pennsylvania (released April 2014) Direct download or Website
- Act 104 of 2010 which includes a section related to economic and personal financial literacy (See section 1551 on page 16 of the linked pdf file)
- House Bill 1839 which would require every student in Pennsylvania to take a capstone course in personal finance for graduation from high school
The Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition is an independent affiliate of the national Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. The national Jump$tart Coalition is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1995, the coalition includes more than 100 national partners and a network of 51 state affiliates that share a commitment to #afinlitfuture and to working collaboratively toward common goals.