Who We Are
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a national Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) for young men and women in Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) education in public and private school through grade 12. FCCLA offers intra-curricular resources and opportunities for students to pursue careers that support families. Since 1945, FCCLA members have been making a difference in their families, careers, and communities by addressing important personal, work, and societal issues through Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) education.
Today over 175,000 members in more than 5,300 chapters are active in a network of associations in all 50 states, in addition to the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. The work of FCCLA helps students and teachers focus on a variety of youth concerns, including financial literacy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, sustainability, nutrition and fitness, teen violence, and career preparation in four specific Career Pathways. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life—planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal communication—necessary in the home and workplace.
What We Offer
- FCCLA offers eight peer-to-peer educational programs to help students develop real world skills for life within Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) education. FCCLA’s Financial Fitness National Program engages members in teaching one another how to earn, spend, save, and protect money wisely.
- Members may choose from 50+ Competitive Events to participate in which apply skills and knowledge gained through FCS education.
- FCCLA is a student led organization and encourages members to take the skills gained, connections formed, and opportunities experienced by taking the lead and serving as a chapter, region/district, state, or national officer.
- Preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s careers, FCCLA supports student career exploration of its four Career Pathways: Human Services, Hospitality and Tourism, Education and Training, and Visual Arts and Design.
- Financial education is a large aspect of both FCCLA and FCS. From classrooms to conferences, and college to career, FCCLA and FCS education strives to instill in students the importance of managing their finances.
- FCCLA will be celebrating its 75th anniversary at the upcoming National Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C., July 5-9, 2020. In addition to honoring FCCLA’s 75th anniversary, FCCLA will recognize chapters for their hard work and innovative projects with the national Financial Fitness Program Award.
Connect With FCCLA
FCCLA has lesson plans, activities, and project ideas through FCCLA’s Financial Fitness National Program to assist members to become wise financial managers and smart consumers. Utilize the links below to learn more about FCCLA and the financial education aspect of FCS.
FOLLOW ON SOCIAL
Like FCCLA’s Facebook page
QUOTE FOR TWITTER
Spend time investing in yourself; take the first step by participating in FCCLA’s Financial Fitness National Program. #FCCLA
Beth Carpenter, Director of Programs